Design for Consumers, Build for the Pros
In Home Improvement and Building Materials, transparency and timing are critical. Displaying inventory, specs, availability and pricing - often by location - are key to getting the sale, and what is shown online MUST match the in-store experience… all the while inspiring prospective buyers with rich media.
From real-time omnichannel inventory to 24/7 ordering, digital capabilities and agility are either your advantage, or a threat to your survival.
Home Improvement + Building Materials Complexities
- Real-time inventory
- Rich product content and media
- Low digital adoption rates
- High customer expectations
- Massive digital investment by industry leaders
- Vendor and supplier onboarding
- Variable product content from manufacturers
- Product relationships
- Returns and exchanges management (unused, unusable, compatibility, etc.)
- Multiple key personas: builders, homeowners, DIYers, pros, etc.
- Low digital expertise from staff
- Legacy computer / IT systems compatibility
- Standards integration and compatibility: EDI, etc. (EDI and eCommerce go together)
- Internal resistance to change
- Variable eCommerce maturity from customers
- Complex pricing matrix & dynamic pricing
- Product restrictions
- Lack of reliable/consistent/complete product information
- Technical specs, warranties, diagrams
- Marketplace maturity and management
- Logistics & fulfillment concerns
- In-store and curbside pickup
- Inventory optimization and display
An executive eCommerce brief with a SWOT analysis for distributors
Covid-19 and eCommerce in Canada
Performance fluctuates greatly from one merchant to the next, even more so from one sector to the next.
International eCommerce Checklist
What you MUST address before taking your eCommerce across borders.
eCommerce Replatforming Guide for Infor Users
A high-level guide for navigating your replatforming questions and concerns.
MS Dynamics NAV + Magento
Industry-focused White Paper Omnichannel Playbook for Retailers Who Use Dynamics 365 / LS NAV / Magento.
PWA: The Business Case For More Speed Now
Why faster load times, faster search and quicker turnaround for deployment should be your digital commerce investment priority.
eCommerce Compliance Checklist
A practical, layman’s guide to avoiding lawsuits and PR headaches.
Absolunet Expertise + Approach
Success is providing an exceptional customer experience by merging eCommerce, product data and seamless systems integration with customer-facing channels like site, service and stores.
We bring a proven, agile approach to bridge the gap between how your customers work, their expectations and your people’s and systems’ ability to deliver, scale and adapt.
Absolunet Awarded Optimizely Commerce Partner of the YearMontreal, QC – September 17th, 2021 – Optimizely named Absolunet its Commerce Partner of the Year for Continental Europe and ...
3 Keys to a Successful PIM Project in DistributionIt’s all about making your customers’ jobs easier. From real-time inventory to 24/7 ordering and automated support, digital ...
Digital Shelf Analytics: Tools to Manage Risk and AdaptBrands are under a lot of pressure to improve their buying experiences. Over the past year, consumers have been rocked by ...
The Do’s and Don’ts of PIM ProjectsVision: Remember that PIM platform selection is an important decision but PIM readiness is equally important. Beyond ...
5.2% of Absolunet Employees Want to Work From the Office FulltimeWhen the first COVID-19 shutdowns roiled the globe, Absolunet’s Talent and Culture team got to work. They created focus ...