Design for Consumers, Build for the Pros
In Home Improvement and Building Materials, transparency and timing are critical. Displaying inventory, specs, availability and pricing - often by location - are key to getting the sale, and what is shown online MUST match the in-store experience… all the while inspiring prospective buyers with rich media.
From real-time omnichannel inventory to 24/7 ordering, digital capabilities and agility are either your advantage, or a threat to your survival.
Home Improvement + Building Materials Complexities
- Real-time inventory
- Rich product content and media
- Low digital adoption rates
- High customer expectations
- Massive digital investment by industry leaders
- Vendor and supplier onboarding
- Variable product content from manufacturers
- Product relationships
- Returns and exchanges management (unused, unusable, compatibility, etc.)
- Multiple key personas: builders, homeowners, DIYers, pros, etc.
- Low digital expertise from staff
- Legacy computer / IT systems compatibility
- Standards integration and compatibility: EDI, etc. (EDI and eCommerce go together)
- Internal resistance to change
- Variable eCommerce maturity from customers
- Complex pricing matrix & dynamic pricing
- Product restrictions
- Lack of reliable/consistent/complete product information
- Technical specs, warranties, diagrams
- Marketplace maturity and management
- Logistics & fulfillment concerns
- In-store and curbside pickup
- Inventory optimization and display
Can the Building Materials Industry Survive the Next Tidal Wave?
How the pandemic and other factors affected their need for digital transformation.
An executive eCommerce brief with a SWOT analysis for distributors
Covid-19 and eCommerce in Canada
Performance fluctuates greatly from one merchant to the next, even more so from one sector to the next.
International eCommerce Checklist
What you MUST address before taking your eCommerce across borders.
eCommerce Replatforming Guide for Infor Users
A high-level guide for navigating your replatforming questions and concerns.
MS Dynamics NAV + Magento
Industry-focused White Paper Omnichannel Playbook for Retailers Who Use Dynamics 365 / LS NAV / Magento.
PWA: The Business Case For More Speed Now
Why faster load times, faster search and quicker turnaround for deployment should be your digital commerce investment priority.
eCommerce Compliance Checklist
A practical, layman’s guide to avoiding lawsuits and PR headaches.
Valtech_Absolunet Expertise + Approach
Success is providing an exceptional customer experience by merging eCommerce, product data and seamless systems integration with customer-facing channels like site, service and stores.
We bring a proven, agile approach to bridge the gap between how your customers work, their expectations and your people’s and systems’ ability to deliver, scale and adapt.
Valtech Announces Acquisition of AbsolunetValtech adds Absolunet's 300 qualified experts to its growing team of now more than 4,500 strategists, experience designers, ...
Product Experience Management: Commerce’s New FrontierWe sat down with Raphaël Iscar Gutierrez, Director of PXM and Product Strategy at Absolunet, to talk about this shift in the ...
Strategy + Consulting
PIM Project Managers: Where to StartCompanies Are Investing in PIM to Improve the Customer Experience. Valued at $9.88 Billion in 2020, the PIM Market is ...
Strategy + Consulting
Absolunet Launches Customer Experience AdvisoryDesktop and mobile, long thought of as the main channels of eCommerce, are no longer sufficient to serve customers, whose ...
Home Improvement + Building Materials
Searchandizing: How Group BMR Drastically Improved Their Online Customer ExperienceWith 4 banners, hundreds of independent store owners and 17 corporate stores, Group BMR has a lot of complexity to manage ...