Design for Consumers, Build for the Pros
In Home Improvement and Building Materials, transparency and timing are critical. Displaying inventory, specs, availability and pricing - often by location - are key to getting the sale, and what is shown online MUST match the in-store experience… all the while inspiring prospective buyers with rich media.
From real-time omnichannel inventory to 24/7 ordering, digital capabilities and agility are either your advantage, or a threat to your survival.
Home Improvement + Building Materials Complexities
- Real-time inventory
- Rich product content and media
- Low digital adoption rates
- High customer expectations
- Massive digital investment by industry leaders
- Vendor and supplier onboarding
- Variable product content from manufacturers
- Product relationships
- Returns and exchanges management (unused, unusable, compatibility, etc.)
- Multiple key personas: builders, homeowners, DIYers, pros, etc.
- Low digital expertise from staff
- Legacy computer / IT systems compatibility
- Standards integration and compatibility: EDI, etc. (EDI and eCommerce go together)
- Internal resistance to change
- Variable eCommerce maturity from customers
- Complex pricing matrix & dynamic pricing
- Product restrictions
- Lack of reliable/consistent/complete product information
- Technical specs, warranties, diagrams
- Marketplace maturity and management
- Logistics & fulfillment concerns
- In-store and curbside pickup
- Inventory optimization and display
Absolunet Expertise + Approach
Success is providing an exceptional customer experience by merging eCommerce, product data and seamless systems integration with customer-facing channels like site, service and stores.
We bring a proven, agile approach to bridge the gap between how your customers work, their expectations and your people’s and systems’ ability to deliver, scale and adapt.
The Episerver to Optimizely Rebrand: Cheatsheet
The world of Episerver is evolving - from a new name to being recognized as a Leader in the 2021 Gartner Quadrant for Digital Experience.
The One Tech That Improves Almost Every Digital KPI
Progressive Web Apps (PWA) generate more growth and faster ROI than virtually every other current IT or marketing investment.
The 8 Things Your B2B eCommerce Platform Should Do
When it comes to technology or your digital infrastructure, the platform you pick plays a big part in your customer experience.
Why PWA Should Be Your Investment Priority
And how to talk about it with different stakeholders in your organization.
Amazon: B2B’s Friend or Foe?
Truthfully, both Amazon and other marketplaces like eBay have significant advantages.