Design for Consumers, Build for the Pros
In Home Improvement and Building Materials, transparency and timing are critical. Displaying inventory, specs, availability and pricing - often by location - are key to getting the sale, and what is shown online MUST match the in-store experience… all the while inspiring prospective buyers with rich media.
From real-time omnichannel inventory to 24/7 ordering, digital capabilities and agility are either your advantage, or a threat to your survival.
Home Improvement + Building Materials Complexities
- Real-time inventory
- Rich product content and media
- Low digital adoption rates
- High customer expectations
- Massive digital investment by industry leaders
- Vendor and supplier onboarding
- Variable product content from manufacturers
- Product relationships
- Returns and exchanges management (unused, unusable, compatibility, etc.)
- Multiple key personas: builders, homeowners, DIYers, pros, etc.
- Low digital expertise from staff
- Legacy computer / IT systems compatibility
- Standards integration and compatibility: EDI, etc. (EDI and eCommerce go together)
- Internal resistance to change
- Variable eCommerce maturity from customers
- Complex pricing matrix & dynamic pricing
- Product restrictions
- Lack of reliable/consistent/complete product information
- Technical specs, warranties, diagrams
- Marketplace maturity and management
- Logistics & fulfillment concerns
- In-store and curbside pickup
- Inventory optimization and display
eCommerce Compliance Checklist
A practical, layman’s guide to avoiding lawsuits and PR headaches.
MS Dynamics NAV + Magento
Industry-focused White Paper Omnichannel Playbook for Retailers Who Use Dynamics 365 / LS NAV / Magento.
eCommerce Replatforming Guide for Infor Users
A high-level guide for navigating your replatforming questions and concerns.
International eCommerce Checklist
What you MUST address before taking your eCommerce across borders.
PWA: The Business Case For More Speed Now
Why faster load times, faster search and quicker turnaround for deployment should be your digital commerce investment priority.
Covid-19 and eCommerce in Canada
Performance fluctuates greatly from one merchant to the next, even more so from one sector to the next.
Absolunet Expertise + Approach
Success is providing an exceptional customer experience by merging eCommerce, product data and seamless systems integration with customer-facing channels like site, service and stores.
We bring a proven, agile approach to bridge the gap between how your customers work, their expectations and your people’s and systems’ ability to deliver, scale and adapt.
CPG, Food and Beverage
eCommerce Fraud Trends, Post CovidAfter their $205 million funding round in April of this year, Signifyd, one of the largest eCommerce fraud protection ...
HVAC Distributors: Projecting Online RevenueHVAC distributors are providing an increasingly compelling digital experience. The industry average is miles ahead of where ...
Distributors Facing Major Supply Chain DisruptionsAcross industries, distributors are facing major stressors from their manufacturers: General product unavailability, with ...
6 Signs Your Current HVAC Website is Costing You SalesNon-transactional site: Customers want to make a purchase. But if the website is not transactional, at best this slows down ...
Digital Accessibility Is a Business AssetOften misunderstood, the concept of accessibility is generally associated with disabled people. Let’s get one fact straight ...