Why the Forrester Wave matters to B2B businesses, especially those investing in digital and commerce:
In “The 12 Providers That Matter Most and How They Stack Up,” Forrester evaluated B2B commerce suites on 33 criteria. The goal? Help businesses, brands, wholesalers and manufacturers select the right provider for their needs. We’ve laid out some highlights from the Forrester Wave™: B2B Commerce Suites, Q3 2018.
Insite scored top marks in the following areas:
- Sales channel support (Insite was the only provider with a perfect score of 5/5)
- BI and Analytics (Perfect score of 5/5 – Magento B2B was the only other provider with a perfect score)
- Platform (4/5 : Insite outperformed SAP, IBM, Apttus, Episerver, and Salesforce.)
Prioritizing internal or external clients? The B2B commerce conundrum
B2B platform vendors generally excel in only one of two places:
- Operational, (internal capabilities) with aspects like:
- Detailed B2B buying workflows
- Product configurations and granular access
- And permissions for B2B buyers and sellers
- OR Experience management (external/client capabilities) such as:
- And content management
Other ways Insite shines:
- Insite has taken the next step to help its clients modernize digital buying and selling by building and deploying native mobile applications.
- Insite is unique in that it takes a hands-on approach. From advisory services to best practices, Insite helps their customers handpick the right implementation partner.
- Several Insite customers cited the “laser focus” on the capabilities they care about and noted how the things they needed for their business “worked almost right out of the box.”
B2B is about relationships:
Forrester reports that “B2B businesses are based on relationships, and digital commerce means nothing if you can’t emulate those relationships via a digital medium,” (p. 2).
Insite makes those relationships possible and has garnered a strong reputation from some of the most complex B2B manufacturers and distributors. Insite’s fully integrated suite of products can both get a commerce initiative off the ground or mature a businesses’ digital practice.